I pulled the power and glided into Salem, tied down in front of the Flight Deck restaurant.
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Close enough
This morning's forecast looked like smooth sailing into Seattle. Some good tailwinds, but I had to slow down for turbulence in a few spots. Weather started showing up at the North end of the route, which I didn't want to approach at night, so I roped Jeremy into coming to meet me at Chehalis. And then Kelso. And then weather started eating up Hillsboro and Newberg, and prudence demanded calling it quits before sunset.
I pulled the power and glided into Salem, tied down in front of the Flight Deck restaurant.
My ambition today was to ride the south winds before tomorrow's storm. The storm won the race, but I'm close enough now. Tomorrow I'll come home on the train, and I'll come back to fetch the plane when fair weather returns this weekend.
I pulled the power and glided into Salem, tied down in front of the Flight Deck restaurant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment