More training today. My landings improved substantially; I'm starting to get the muscle memory for this aircraft. We flew to lunch at Tampa North airport, 13 miles west of Zephyrhills:
Usually pilots call this a "$100 hamburger", because you spend $10 on the burger and $90 in aviation gas to get there. The Pipistrel is so efficient (and this cafe so close), I think it cost about $2.14 in gas for the round trip. And besides, I had a salad.
I flew that leg in the right seat, too; I wanted practice having flown both halves of the airplane.
We came back via a couple other airports. Back at KZPH, we picked out colors for the replacement N-number graphics, and then I spent an hour in the pattern practicing solo landings and evading the jump planes whose operations runway intersect with the general aviation runway.
Back at the hotel for rest; it looks like the best weather for starting the long cross-country will be Tuesday.
Being in Florida in February is weirdly exotic, for a Pacific Northwesterner. Tonight I had fried chicken cubes and plantains at a Puerto Rican restaurant, with live music, and then came back to my hotel in balmy 80 degree temps.



Nice! Can't wait to see it.
ReplyDelete